- Animals: bovine, sheep, swine
- Animal Production: feed/forage, housing, parasite control, animal protection and health, grazing - continuous, free-range, grazing management, livestock breeding, grazing - multispecies, grazing - rotational, stockpiled forages
- Education and Training: demonstration, extension, farmer to farmer, mentoring, youth education
- Farm Business Management: agritourism, new enterprise development, marketing management
- Soil Management: composting
- Sustainable Communities: new business opportunities, sustainability measures
Workshops and a farm tour will be offered where youth will have the opportunity to define and explore sustainable livestock production. Speakers and presenters will offer real life experiences detailing how they raise beef, sheep and swine sustainably on their home farms. UWEX, tech school and college educators will present research that supports the three pillars of sustainability. Youth participants will have the opportunity to tour farm businesses and industries that produce and market livestock in ways that are profitable in the long run, protect the environment and provide for quality of life. This project will be broken down into one and a half hour workshops held in February, March, April and May of 2017 followed by a two-day farm tour in June.