Attendees of this event will be educated on the best management practices and concepts for soil health, water quality, erosion control, and benefits of sustainable agriculture.
To accommodate all the youth in attendance, these concepts and practices will be taught to multiple learning styles with hands on activities and visual aids. Overall, it will cover the three concepts of sustainable agriculture by highlighting economy impact, career opportunities and importance of community involvement and environmental impact. The take home message is to intensify and embrace long term stewardship of our nations land, air, water, natural resources and renewable energies.
Project objectives from proposal:
- Increase youth knowledge on career opportunities and best management practices related to sustainable agriculture.
- Provide students with skills that allow them to continue learning and expand their horizons outside of the classroom setting with sustainable agriculture resources.
- Demonstrate and encourage hands on learning opportunities related to sustainable agriculture, and all the aspects of the water cycle.
- Increase awareness related to environmental learning and sustainable agriculture.
- Maximize the amount of information to include a wide variety of presenters.
- Share project results in education and outreach section of annual newsletter, public meetings, school and county websites and social media.