- Animals: poultry
- Education and Training: youth education
Our goal is to use the 4-H model coupled with partnerships, established through Missouri Extension, to expand youth's knowledge and skills in sustainable agriculture. This will be completed through two major programs, Farm to Table Camp and Embryology curriculum in school classrooms. We anticipate giving youth the opportunity to learn where their food comes from, potential careers in agriculture, and best practices for sustainable agriculture through hands-on activities. We hope participants share their newfound knowledge and skills with their families and neighbors.
Project objectives from proposal:
- Increase youth's awareness of where their food comes from.
- Provide hands on experiences regarding sustainable agriculture.
- Introduce youth to potential careers in sustainable agriculture.
- Share project concept and results with colleagues through conference poster session.