- Crop Production: greenhouses, high tunnels or hoop houses, irrigation, no-till, nutrient management, row covers (for season extension), season extension types and construction
- Education and Training: youth education
- Production Systems: hydroponics, organic agriculture, organic certification, permaculture
- Soil Management: soil quality/health
- Sustainable Communities: community development, community services, local and regional food systems, partnerships, quality of life, urban agriculture
Grow Organically Education Program( GOEP), which includes educational classes and training in Farming, Nutrition & Cooking, Growing Food, understanding of Local Food Systems and social and emotional wellness practices, through the lens of urban and rural farming for youth ages 5 through 14 (with and without special needs). Our goal is to provide the necessary training and education for youth to develop new relationships and acquire an understanding of nutrition, agriculture, food, and social and emotional wellness, which will empower them to become producers that embrace sustainable farming methods that produce quality food for families and communities.
Project objectives from proposal:
Our goal is to provide training and education to develop an understanding of agriculture, food, and social and emotional wellness, to empower youth to embrace sustainable farming methods, produce quality food for families and communities.
Our five years goals of providing sustainability education:
1) To increase knowledge of sustainable ag practices, through in the field learning from farmers.
2) To improve healthy eating habits and nutrition knowledge amongst youth through hands-on learning covering food science, nutrition, and cooking.
3. Increase the capacity of youth from diverse backgrounds to grow vegetable crops during the school-year via training in hoop house production