- Agronomic: corn, oats, soybeans, spelt, wheat, grass (misc. perennial), hay
- Animals: bovine, poultry, sheep, swine
- Animal Products: dairy
- Animal Production: feed/forage
- Education and Training: demonstration, extension
- Production Systems: general crop production
In many farming communities the local extension agent is an important source of information on agricultural production issues. However on issues relating to alternative or organic farming these same agents are usually lacking in experience, knowledge and resources. Through a series of training programs and farm tours both information and resource materials on transitioning to sustainable and organic grain and livestock production systems were given to extension agents, NRCS personnel and organic and sustainable growers in Ohio.
• To provide training to Extension Agents (CES) and NRCS personnel on how to assist interested grain and livestock producers in transitioning from conventional to sustainable/organic production.
• To provide resource materials (books, slides, pamphlets) to trainees that will assist Extension Agents (CES) and NRCS personnel in the dissemination of information from their respective county offices.