- Animals: goats, sheep
- Animal Production: parasite control
- Education and Training: demonstration, farmer to farmer, workshop
- Production Systems: holistic management
Training Curriculum and Cd has been published and complete in may, 2008. Three copies sent to SARE PDP coordinator. The Curriculum is also posted at www.scsrpc.org
1. A team of multidisciplinary Professionals, extension specialists, and farmers from across the southern region (including 1890 and 1862 institutions), Denmark, and South Africa developed training materials, resource manual and curriculum on sustainable small ruminant GIN control based on information and strategies developed through a current SARE R&E Grant in Southern US, PR and USVI.
2. Using training materials, resource manual and curriculum developed, the team of multidisciplinary Professionals, extension specialists, and farmers from across the southern region (including 1890 and 1862 institutions) will provide hands-on training to increase knowledge base of the participants on the subject and level of adoption of sustainable small ruminant GIN control strategies, and broadly disseminating the state-of-the-art developed materials to producers and their advisors in the USDA’s Southern region. These trainings will increase the knowledge base of the participants on this subject and motivate them to offer assistance and training to other small ruminant producers.