- Agronomic: barley, canola, corn, millet, rapeseed, sorghum (milo), soybeans, sunflower, wheat
- Vegetables: radishes (culinary), turnips
- Animals: bovine
- Animal Production: feed/forage
- Crop Production: cover crops, nutrient cycling, application rate management, tissue analysis, conservation tillage
- Education and Training: demonstration, farmer to farmer, on-farm/ranch research
- Natural Resources/Environment: carbon sequestration, biodiversity, habitat enhancement, soil stabilization, wildlife
- Pest Management: competition, mulches - living
- Soil Management: soil microbiology, organic matter
This project will measure the water usage of various cover crops seeded into no-till dryland wheat stubble after harvest. The project will also measure the impact of the cover crops on the yield of the following year's crop.
Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the U.S. Department of Agriculture or SARE.