- Vegetables: greens (leafy), turnips
- Crop Production: crop rotation, cover crops, irrigation, multiple cropping
- Education and Training: farmer to farmer, networking, on-farm/ranch research
- Pest Management: row covers (for pests)
- Production Systems: transitioning to organic
- Soil Management: organic matter
After the failure of the hoophouse plastic, I ordered replacement greenhouse film but it was never installed.
Sometimes life gets in the way of the best laid plans. Though I had every intention of continuing with the project for reasons listed below it did not continue.
As an inexperienced vegetable farmer combating two dry years in a row without adequate irrigation my financial resources became severely strained.
I was forced to find additional part and full time work to supplement my income, thus leaving me with not enough time for the continuation of this project.
A health issue that has now been rectified also contributed to my discontinuation of the project.