- Additional Plants: trees
- Crop Production: windbreaks
- Education and Training: demonstration, on-farm/ranch research
- Farm Business Management: new enterprise development, feasibility study
- Natural Resources/Environment: hedgerows, hedges - woody
- Production Systems: permaculture, integrated crop and livestock systems
This project will research and evaluate which species make the most appropriate and profitable windbreaks for a five-acre vegetable plot. Crop shrubs and trees such as juneberry, hazelnut, paw-paw, persimmon, and others will be among the candidates, as well as Christmas trees. Various woody plants will be evaluated for their functional and commercial potential.