- Animals: poultry
- Animal Production: feed/forage, housing, parasite control, animal protection and health, feed additives, feed formulation, free-range, feed rations, herbal medicines, homeopathy, manure management, mineral supplements, grazing - multispecies, preventive practices, probiotics, grazing - rotational, watering systems
- Education and Training: farmer to farmer, networking, on-farm/ranch research, technical assistance
- Natural Resources/Environment: biodiversity
- Pest Management: biological control, botanical pesticides, cultural control, disease vectors, prevention
- Production Systems: holistic management
- Soil Management: composting
Resources on maintaining flock health for organic hens is scarce, and the farmer will gather the literature, interview other farmers, and develop an organic layer health handbook. This handbook will cover prevention, conventional and homeopathic medicines, commercially available organic pesticides, and other remedies. The handbook will be made available to workshop participants, and summary findings will be offered at conferences and meetings.