- Fruits: berries (cranberries)
- Education and Training: extension, farmer to farmer, on-farm/ranch research
- Farm Business Management: budgets/cost and returns, feasibility study
- Pest Management: row covers (for pests)
- Production Systems: agroecosystems, permaculture
- Sustainable Communities: sustainability measures
This project will explore the value of a polypropylene fabric row cover spread over commercial organic cranberry vines to prevent cranberry fruitworm moths from laying their eggs on the cranberries. The row cover will be placed over an organically managed cranberry bed and kept on for approximately 28 days. Data on yield, fruit rot, and cranberry fruitworm infestation will be collected to determine if this is an economically justified control method. Outreach will be through publications, a web site, and an online workshop.