- Additional Plants: ornamentals
- Crop Production: double cropping
- Education and Training: on-farm/ranch research
- Farm Business Management: whole farm planning, feasibility study
- Production Systems: general crop production
Unpredictable weather at the beginning and end of the growing season significantly reduces yield and income from field-grown cut flowers. This project will evaluate the benefits and the economics of growing Lisianthus and sunflower in high tunnels. Outreach will be through a farm tour, presentations, and publications.