- Agronomic: soybeans
- Vegetables: sweet potatoes
- Crop Production: organic fertilizers, application rate management
- Education and Training: display, extension, farmer to farmer, on-farm/ranch research, workshop
- Production Systems: organic agriculture
- Soil Management: soil analysis, soil quality/health
- Sustainable Communities: new business opportunities, sustainability measures
Sweet potatoes have market potential for diversified vegetable growers in the Northeast, but production recommendations for this crop have yet not been developed for the region. A search through recommendations from other parts of the country have yielded contrasting recommendations. The project manager will try to determine the appropriate level of added nitrogen needed to produce organically grown, high-quality, marketable sweet potatoes. Outreach will be through workshops and publications.