- Animals: poultry
- Animal Production: grazing management, grazing - multispecies, grazing - rotational
- Crop Production: crop rotation, fallow, nutrient cycling, organic fertilizers
- Education and Training: farmer to farmer, on-farm/ranch research
- Farm Business Management: feasibility study, agricultural finance
- Production Systems: integrated crop and livestock systems
- Soil Management: soil analysis, organic matter, soil quality/health
Farms on the urban fringe are pressured to show more profit per acre because land values are high. The farmer will explore a diversification model where sheep and chickens become integrated into a vegetable operation. The goal is to break weed, disease, and pest cycles, add new farm products, and reduce labor costs by controlling pasture growth through two-phase grazing.