- Animals: fish, shellfish
- Education and Training: networking
- Farm Business Management: feasibility study
A workshop on renewable energy use in pond aquaculture was held to bring together stakeholders to discuss current research findings, potential uses, and research needs. It featured seven notable speakers, and was attended by representatives from the academic, government, and production sectors of catfish industry from the states of Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Mississippi, and Arkansas. Though the workshop was a success, there was no firm collaboration formed from the workshop. In addition, there was only moderate interest in potential projects expressed from producers at industry group meetings.
Project objectives:div style="margin-left:1em;">
1. Bring together the stakeholders to discuss the current research findings, potential uses, and research needs for renewable energy water circulator use in aquaculture
2. Coordinate the writing of the proposal(s) and facilitate collaborations between the stakeholders
3. Extend the current research at Tuskegee University for gathering preliminary data to support a full proposal