- Animal Production: grazing management, rangeland/pasture management
- Crop Production: biological inoculants, conservation tillage, cover crops, crop improvement and selection, cropping systems, irrigation, no-till, pollinator habitat, pollinator health, varieties and cultivars, water management
- Education and Training: demonstration, extension, networking, technical assistance, workshop
- Pest Management: biofumigation, cultivation, cultural control, disease vectors, economic threshold, integrated pest management, mulches - general, mulches - killed, mulches - living, prevention, soil solarization
- Soil Management: organic matter, soil microbiology, soil quality/health
The WSARE PDP in New Mexico will conduct three events, including the annual conference “Innovative implement use and integrated pest management for sustainable crop production in New Mexico”; a producer-led farm walk to showcase sustainable agricultural practices; and a field day for overview of sustainable ag. field research at New Mexico State Univ. Ag. Science Center.
Project objectives from proposal:
The Field Day will take place in the spring (2020), the Farm Walk is expected to take place in the summer (2020), and the conference will take place in the fall (December, 2020). Information presented during the proposed NM WSARE Conference and Farm Walk will increase the knowledge of agricultural professionals on integrated pest management and the use of tools supporting sustainable crop production. Agricultural professionals and attendees of these events will increase their knowledge in these areas.