- Agronomic: corn, potatoes, soybeans, sugarcane
- Fruits: bananas, papaya
- Education and Training: extension, networking, study circle, workshop
The Sustainable and Organic Agriculture Program (SOAP) at the University of Hawaii at Manoa, College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources (UH CTAHR) remains committed to conducting annual professional development educational opportunities for agricultural professionals (AP) in cooperation with WSARE. We plan to revise and expand our website to increase access to training materials and other resources by our agricultural professionals, and improve their ability to post their own resources to the web. We also anticipate expanding our annual AP educational events
by organizing an additional workshop on effective use of online resources, including social media, to extend the capacity of our agricultural professionals to reach their stakeholders and increase adoption of sustainable agriculture (SA) technologies.
Our goal is to enhance the online capacity and impact of Hawaii’s agricultural professionals.
To realize this goal we seek to use this supplemental WSARE funding to achieve the following objectives:
1. Complete revision of SOAP webpages to new format (months 1-12),
2. Train 25 agricultural professionals in use of web-based tools including website posting, video development, newsletter distribution, social media literacy, etc. (months 3-10),
3. Quantify the impact of web based extension activities by Hawaii-based agricultural professionals (months 6-12 and beyond).